qemu-stable

Re: cherry-picking something to -stable which might require other change

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: cherry-picking something to -stable which might require other changes
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 10:00:46 -0400

When I backport patches into RHEL, the general process I follow is:
1. For context conflicts, just adjust the patch to resolve them.
2. For real dependencies, backport the dependencies, if possible.
3. If backporting the dependencies is not possible, think of a
downstream-only solution. This should be rare.

People make different backporting decisions (just like structuring
patch series). It can be a matter of taste.

Stefan