qemu-stable

Re: [PULL 0/6] Firmware/edk2 20231213 patches

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/6] Firmware/edk2 20231213 patches
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 13:16:34 +0300

15.01.2024 13:20, Gerd Hoffmann :
   Hi,

PS: when are we likely to be able to update to a proper released
EDK2 ? Running with a git snapshot isn't ideal, so if we can
move to an EDK2 release version within this QEMU cycle that would
be nice.

Next release should be tagged by end of February, so if the qemu 9.0
schedule is simliar to the 8.0 schedule this is before soft freeze
and an update should be no problem.

So, should we pick this up for 8.2.1, or wait till next release of edk2 ?

The thing here is that for (some) downstreams, edk2 is a separate package,
so if qemu relies on changed edk2, it should be there before qemu-side
changes can be added.  So if we pick this patchset up for 8.2.1, it might
be a bit surprising for downstreams.

Thanks,

/mjt