qemu-trivial

Re: Ping to patch request "add option for a multislot usb ccid device" (

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: Ping to patch request "add option for a multislot usb ccid device" (Klaus Ripke, 20.03.2023)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:12:04 +0300

10.07.2023 17:18, Wilhelm Golz wrote:
Hello,

I would like to remind the request of my former colleague
Klaus Ripke, who posted a smaller patch-request to this list

"add option for a multislot usb ccid device"  by the 20th of March 2023.

It's been quite some time ago. I had to search that one in google.

Are there any reasons to not take this patch upstream or
do we have to improve things? Klaus is no longer working
in our team, so I have taken over this topic.

I guess it was unclear what this change gives.  But I don't really
know.  Somehow the change received no interest in the qemu community.

For one (or two), I can mention this:

1) the patch is word-wrap-damaged, - the email client used "helpfully"
wrapped long lines in the patch to make it invalid.

2) this is definitely not for qemu-trivial@.

Neither of that is the reason why it hasn't received any interest,
though.  Maybe giving some real-life usage example can generate more
interest, but once again, I can't say.

Thanks,

/mjt