Re: [Quilt-dev] i18n

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] i18n
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:40:55 +0100

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 05:49:50AM +0000, James Rowe wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:13:53 +0100
> Martin Quinson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > That's about as long as it took me to do the German po alone. And I
> > > did just one pass, no double checking for spelling mistakes etc.
> >
> > Ok, it took 4 hours and not 2 ;)
> > But I'm quite used to do those tasks, and I didn't triple-check my
> > translation neither. I'll ask on a specialized ML for review of the
> > french translation.
>
>   Still <6 hours is probably enough to offer you a job, if you can do
> Spanish in the same timeframe aswell ;)

;) I used to do this job. But I only have some notions of spanish. I'm much
better in german, even if my german is too poor to write a text with no error.

But I'm now researcher in Grid computing, and I guess I could get much
better job with this skill...

>   It took me about a day to do the C translation from a Francophone's
> project before christmas.  And a couple of weeks later people started
> to laugh at me as it should have been called en_GB really (the 's'
> and 'z' problem)

That's why you shouldn't call this the C translation (which is fr_FR in that
case), but 'en'...

I'm happy to see that this simple patch made anyone happy. My next task for
quilt is documentation. Any preference for the format?

Bye, Mt.

--
The "US department of defense" should be renamed the "US department of
attack".