[Quilt-dev] Re: Additional checks in rpatch.in

From: wangdi
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Re: Additional checks in rpatch.in
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:22:46 -0000

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

Hello,

I was just checking your changes to rpatch.in. You check for corruption
in the series file and backup directory. I have the following changes in
mind, which would make those additional checks obsolete:

 - The .pc/applied-patches directory ought to contain the real
   patch names, so that looking into the series file becomes
   unnecessary.

         yes, I agree with you.

 - I would very much like to get rid of the .pc/*/.pc files (the lists
   of files that a patch contains), and look into the backup
   directories instead. This would speed up things.

I think keeping the .pc/*/.pc maybe helpful to some command, for example quilt files. Some times, if some file (size = 0) in .pc/*/ has been deleted , for example by make distclean. If we keep
        .pc/*/.pc file, we can recover the whole system.

In addition, the .pc/patches-per-file database is complicated, and this
cache is not always updated correctly. The cache helps with very many
patches, but it is pretty useless for small/medium-size projects. I
think the cache is too hard to get right to justify the effort of fixing
it. So I would like to get rid of it.

    Actually, I did not use .pc/patches-per-file database.

Cheers,