Re: [Quilt-dev] add p option

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] add p option
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:31:20 +0100

Hello Con,

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 12:47, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Hi
>
> quilt is an incredibly useful patchscript for kernel patching. It would
> be nice if the -p option was also used when diff'ing as it makes for
> much clearer patches which we often review.
>
> Attached is a tiny patch to add the option by default to quilt-0.32

Pick what you like from below and put it into your ~/.quiltrc:

# Options to diff and patch whenever used:
QUILT_DIFF_OPTS="--show-c-function"
QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="--ignore-whitespace --unified-reject"

# Command-specific options:
QUILT_DIFF_ARGS="--no-timestamps --color=auto"
QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="--no-timestamps --backup"

# Prefix all patch names printed with the path to the patch
QUILT_PATCHES_PREFIX=yes

The --unified-reject option to patch does the obvious thing but it's a SUSE
extension; just grab the path out of the SUSE .src.rpm if you want. I've
given up working with the official diff maintainer because we were not going
anywhere despite lots of discussions.

By the way, the mess in my recent linux-kernel postings you may have noticed
stems from a new quilt mail command that I'm half-way done with for posting
patch sets.

Cheers,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden>