[Quilt-dev] quilt & bash3

From: Dirk Jagdmann
Subject: [Quilt-dev] quilt & bash3
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:37:32 +0100

Hello developers,

I just started using quilt and I find it an excellent tool. However I discovered one glitch when using it with a bash 3.0.

If I have applied a patch, but did not make any further changes, and then run the command "quilt refresh" I get the following output:
---------
/usr/local/share/quilt/scripts/patchfns: line 542: 14664 Broken pipe cat "$filename"
Patch foo.patch is unchanged
---------

I have debugged around in patchfns in the cat_file() function and the function which calls cat_file and could not spot any error which may cause this "broken pipe". Hopefully someone can spot what's going wrong here and what makes bash3 break some pipe.

I have copied the whole tree to a different machine which has a bash 2.05 and quilt runs without troubles there, so it should not be a fault of some patch files or something in .pc beeing corrupted.

--
---> doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj