Re: [Quilt-dev] Call for 0.42

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Call for 0.42
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:21:14 +0200

Hi Martin,

[Jean Delvare]
> > Is it technically possible to only use Locale/gettext.pm if it
> > exists, and disable internationalization if it doesn't rather than
> > plain die? If it is possible, then I'd suggest that we do just that.

[Martin Quinson]
> Here is a code chunk which should do it. It comes from the po4a
> project which is deeply unrelated with quilt, beside the fact that I
> contribute to both.
>
> I'm currently somehow in vacations and would prefer if someone else
> could integrate this into quilt properly.

Thanks for the tip. However, Andreas and I have come up with an
alternative solution to this problem, which I think is better because it
only checks for the module at start time. Your approach adds the test on
every call to every internationalisation function, which promises to be
much slower.