Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: config-cc patch

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: config-cc patch
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:21:06 +0200

Hi John,

[John Vandenberg]
> I wonder what other small glitches are hidden away.  I dont think
> diffstat is covered in the tests; any other tests that need to be
> written?

Since quilt 0.42, diffstat version is checked at ./configure time. I'd
expect this to be sufficient, as there is only one diffstat, Thomas
Dickey's one, right? So if we have the proper version is must be OK.

diffstat comes with its own test suite if you want to make sure it was
properly compiled, so I see little benefit in adding a test for this to
the quilt test suite.