Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:29:29 +0100

[Jean Delvare]
> > Something like this?

[Andreas Grünbacher]
> Please no ... commands like diff work just the same, and there we also don't
> say explicitly that an applied patch must be specified. Isn't it enough to
> leave such details out, if unintentional use will give a clear-enough error
> message?

OK, good point.

> I'd rather avoid any more translation mess for now. There are several things
> to clean up including quoting, but we can do that later.

Correct. The help message of "files" still needs to be updated
(--combine is said to only work when the higher patch is the top patch,
which isn't true) but you're right, let's postpone such changes for now.

[Jean Delvare]
> >  last_patch=$(find_patch_in_series "$1") || exit 1
> >
> > +if ! is_applied "$last_patch"
> > +then
> > +   printf $"Patch %s is not applied\n" "$(print_patch $last_patch)" >&2
> > +   exit 1
> > +fi

[Andreas Grünbacher]
> Just use find_applied_patch instead of find_patch_in_series.

Oh yes, it's even easier that way. Thanks for the hint. I've just
committed that fix (with the related bash_completion update.)