[Quilt-dev] Highly repeatable failure of mail command with unhelpful err

From: Peter Williams
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Highly repeatable failure of mail command with unhelpful error message
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:49:41 +1000

I'm trying to use quilt's mail command to send some patches. As per advice, I'm doing test runs addressed to myself on the local machine to get things right before sending it out to the real addressees. Unfortunately, the command reliably fails as follows:

address@hidden MM-2.6.17-rc4-mm3]$ quilt mail --send address@hidden --prefix=RFC address@hidden --from="Peter Williams <address@hidden>"
sed: -e expression #2, char 12: unterminated `s' command
Introduction has no subject header (saved as /tmp/quilt_mail.U15821)
address@hidden MM-2.6.17-rc4-mm3]$

I've attached the file /tmp/quilt_mail.U15821. I get the same result without the prefix, sender and from options. I find the error message unhelpful and would appreciate any help that will help me either fix or work around this problem.

Thanks
Peter
--
Peter Williams                                   address@hidden