Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt corrupts a patch with space in dirname

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt corrupts a patch with space in dirname
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 16:55:29 +0100

On Tue Jan 23, 2024 at 4:43 PM CET, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> It looks also similar to
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/quilt/+bug/1993080, but
> I have never found anything close to the “official” statement on
> this situation from any site describing format of patches, so I
> am not really sure what is The Right Thing™ to do.

https://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/manual/html_node/Unusual-File-Names.html#Unusual%20File%20Names

Oh. Does it mean that I cannot use diff/patch/quilt for managing
patches over Python (with Misc/NEWS.d/next/Core and Builtins/
directory)?

Best,

Matěj

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto
non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry “I could have thought of
that” is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that
they didn’t, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too.
  -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency