Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt corrupts a patch with space in dirname

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt corrupts a patch with space in dirname
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 19:59:21 +0100

On Wed Jan 24, 2024 at 1:02 PM CET, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > I have never found anything close to the “official” statement on
> > > this situation from any site describing format of patches, so I
> > > am not really sure what is The Right Thing™ to do.
> >
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/manual/html_node/Unusual-File-Names.html#Unusual%20File%20Names
OK, I will try to file a bug with diffutils about their obsolete
documentation.

> You said you use the quilt-0.67-3.4 openSUSE package. It is missing 2
> upstream fixes related to file name quoting:
>
> https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/quilt.git/commit/?id=cff443d3d151b61b412e6c4fb6e5aa8619348efa
> https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/quilt.git/commit/?id=557ff21dfaf6beb0b65b4a2568e4612c817ed90c
>
> The first commit may fix your problem. If it helps, I offer to backport
> these commits to the openSUSE Tumbleweed quilt package. Or we could
> release a new version of quilt (version 0.67 is almost 2 years old
> after all) and I would package that new version in Tumbleweed.

Whichever form you want, I am even willing to help maitaining the
quilt package, or testing your patches, whatever.

Thank you for the reply,

Matěj

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

understand, v.:
    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject, at
    which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.