Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt translation update

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt translation update
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:16:33 +0100

Am Do., 25. Jan. 2024 um 14:06 Uhr schrieb Jean Delvare <jdelvare@suse.de>:
> Hi Yasushi, Olaf, Holger, Sergey,
>
> I plan to release a new version of quilt very soon, and it would be
> great if all translation files were up-to-date in this new release.
> I'll take care of the French translation, and I would appreciate if you
> can find the time to update the Japanese, German and Russian
> translations, respectively.
>
> I have just synchronized the translation files with the current code,
> and there's only one new string and one modified string, so not too
> much work.
>
> The new string is the pop command:
>
> +#: quilt/pop.in:119
> +msgid "Hint: \\`quilt diff -z' will show the pending changes.\\n"
>
> And the modified string is the setup command's help text:
>
> +#: quilt/setup.in:268
> +#, fuzzy
>
> Specifically, the description of the --slow and --fast options have
> been modified.

I've updated parts of the german translation, but there is also this,

"The setup command is only guaranteed to work properly on spec files where\n"
"applying all the patches is the last thing done in the %%prep section. This\n"
"is a design limitation due to the fact that quilt can only operate on\n"
"patches. If other commands in the %%prep section modify the patched files,\n"
"this must happen first, otherwise you won't be able to push the patch\n"
"series.\n"

which is a pretty unclear and therefore not very helpful statement in
the first place, and translating it won't fix the original. So I'm not
touching that.

Andreas