Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:59:48 -0400

It's probably not directly related to rdiff-backup but the high volume of
IO on the server. If you have a monitoring system, could you take a look at
loadaverage ? It's probably going up when the backup is running. It's
telling you the IO of the server is probably not capable enough. It might
be related to various factor. Could you provide more technical details
regarding your setup ? Hardware, RAID config, SATA or SAS, FileSystem,
ext4, LVM ?

As an example. On one of our server, an LXC on Proxmox, running on ZFS, I
remeber I needed to disable a kernel feature related to huge memory page.
Otherwise, the container would died without apparent reason.

--
Patrik Dufresne Service Logiciel inc.
http://www.patrikdufresne.com <http://patrikdufresne.com/>/