Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:43:31 -0400

I would really continue digging into the IO performance. The CPU should not
reach 100% during a backup, it's supposed to mostly wait for the disk IO.
Most likely, your CPU is doing some extra work that should not take place.

You may also take a look at `iostat` to see if the disk are busy. You may
also run a benchmark on this system. In the past, I used "phoronix test
suite" which provide multiple test. In my case, one of the test never
complete and server died.

--
Patrik Dufresne Service Logiciel inc.
http://www.patrikdufresne.com <http://patrikdufresne.com/>/