Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup freezing destination computer
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 22:22:51 +0100

It's also possible that rdiff-backup on the server is using too much memory
(or space on /tmp, if that's a ramdisk), causing the system to swap to
death. You could run vmstat on the server during the backup, and when it
freezes, look at the recent statistics (the last few lines before it froze).

Thanks, Chris.