Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Survey

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Survey
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:19:37 +0300

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:14 PM Dale E. Qualls <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd caution anyone on providing any details about your systems, operations,
> backup systems or any of your technology to someone that you are not familiar
> with.  This information could be used nefariously.

Good point!

However if the answers are anonymous (and I hope SurveyMonkey doesn't
leak any personal information linked to the answers), and "generic"
enough, plus given that many don't actually backup and "highly
sensitive" information (which if they do, hopefully it is encrypted),
and usually many aren't "high value" targets, I would say that these
questions are benign.

Although as Dale said, one shouldn't give too specific information,
and they shouldn't do so for "mission critical" use-cases.  (I filled
in the survey based on my personal backup behaviour.)

Ciprian.