Re: using --remove-older-than takes a very long time?

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: using --remove-older-than takes a very long time?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:21:35 -0500

Eric (et al),

Last night's backup session ran.  It started at 1am, finished a backup
of a server at 3:30 (which is to be expected; it has a lot of data), and
then proceeded to take the next NINE (9) HOURS to delete a single
increment.

I am happy to forward the data, but it's a relatively large email
(multiple megabytes) so I'm hesitant to send it to the list or to anyone
else without prior approval.

Anyone else willing to look at this?

I'll note that I have not completely ruled out filesystem slowness on
deletions.  The underlying file system is EncFS/Fuse over NFS over ZFS,
but raw Filesystem I/O tests show good throughput in general.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       address@hidden             www.ihtfp.com