repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Proposal

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: Proposal
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:12:23 -0800

Strong agreement here.

I have an extra clarification to consider on A+ 0:

Consider various checks for "are you human?" done by either some CAPTCHA or by some other tracking-related system as often used now by Google and Cloudflare (e.g. GitLab.com now does this with Cloudflare, it will block access to the site when third-party requests and _javascript_ are blocked). Are those "authentication" per A+ 0?

I lean toward considering all these sorts of limitations as part of at least A if not B. I think A+ 0 should be moved to B at least, either with my clarification or with two entries about types of authentication which could be at different levels.

The idea that people have to be subjected to tracking in order to access software from a service is a big issue.

Aaron