repo-criteria-discuss

Re: CodeBerg addition

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: CodeBerg addition
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 08:54:38 -0800

Update:

I think we should say B2 passes actually.
Codeberg's official documents are excellent: https://docs.codeberg.org/getting-started/licensing/
They are already moving to link to that instead of choosealicense https://codeberg.org/Codeberg/Community/issues/1214
And I opened issues to resolve the messy giant-license-list pull-down, which is unintended and not reflective of the Terms or the values of the service. We could wait for these fixes, but I think it's clear overall that Codeberg as a service adequately prefers good licensing.