repo-criteria-discuss

EFF and ethical repository criteria

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: EFF and ethical repository criteria
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 05:33:40 -0800

Hi,

In Savannah's entry [1] I saw a reference to EFF's "Best Practices for
Online Service Providers." [2] Is it still appropriate to look to EFF?

Like many of you, I use Let's Encrypt certificates and have contributed
to Certbot, but a recent experience made me doubt that free software is
still at the heart of EFF's current enterprise. [3]

I'd be curious to hear your take, please. Did anyone else receive that
survey? Thanks!

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.html#A-plus-2