[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #219292] White-listing Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #219292] White-listing Savannah
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:42:29 +0100

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 12:24:06PM -0500, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > address@hidden - Thu Jan 13 02:58:47 2005]:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:36:05AM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > > How about white-listing Savannah in the gnu.org mail system?
> > >
> > > Each time we make a few changes at Savannah we risk to lose all mail
> > > notifications due to the list->list spam filter. As long as the mail
> > > come from Savannah, there is apparently no need for this check (and
> > > its exceptions list).
> >
> > So, do you think you can do this?
>
> I'm afraid I don't completely understand the problem.  Savannah-root as
> a sender is excepted from the filter; does the name "savannah-root"
> change often?

The problem occured when we reorganized the mailing lists.

I set savannah-reports-private as a bounce address, forgetting that
this would silently reject all mails sent to the mailing lists.

To avoid such issue in the future, it would be IMHO clearer, and more
accurate to add Savannah's IP(s) in a white list instead of using an
exception list.

--
Sylvain