[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #219292] White-listing Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #219292] White-listing Savannah
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:08:32 -0500

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 07:42:29PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 12:24:06PM -0500, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > > address@hidden - Thu Jan 13 02:58:47 2005]:

> > > So, do you think you can do this?
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't completely understand the problem.  Savannah-root as
> > a sender is excepted from the filter; does the name "savannah-root"
> > change often?
>
> The problem occured when we reorganized the mailing lists.
>
> I set savannah-reports-private as a bounce address, forgetting that
> this would silently reject all mails sent to the mailing lists.
>
> To avoid such issue in the future, it would be IMHO clearer, and more
> accurate to add Savannah's IP(s) in a white list instead of using an
> exception list.

I just saw that the configuration in lists seems to already white-list
savannah.gnu.org's IP (199.232.41.3). At least that's what it looks
like.

However, despite all outgoing traffic is set to go through .3 (eth0),
connections appear to come from savannah.nongnu.org (.4 -
eth0:1). This may have caused the white-listing to fail.

--
Sylvain