[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #221602] Re: Savannah Tasks List

From: James Blair via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #221602] Re: Savannah Tasks List
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:30:05 -0500

Just so you know where we stand, my current RT backlog is 36 tickets.
Justin Baugh <address@hidden> is the new sysadmin, and you'll probably
be hearing from him soon as he gets up to speed.

> address@hidden - Tue Feb 15 15:40:31 2005]:
>
> - webcvs synchro at project creation: sometimes it doesn't work, it
> would be good to check why. Apparently this is not a problem in
> Savannah, the problem has been around with 2 different version of the
> backend, and the webcvs repository is AFAICS created before curl is
> called.

This is RT #218517: webpages sync.  I mistakenly closed it because of a
mis-reading of the final correspondence, but it appears the problem is
not solved.  I have re-opened the ticket.  I consider this medium
priority, but I believe it will require some changes to our scripts to
improve logging so that we can catch it in action, thus we may be
working on this for a little while.

> - RT account: the Savannah hackers would like a RT account so as to
> access gnu.org tickets when those are mentioned by other groups such
> as www webmasters.

This is RT #218937: RT account.  Access to RT is on a per-queue basis.
Please ask the webmasters to authorize your access.  It's their queue,
and they get to make such decisions about it.  That ticket was open, but
is now closed.

> - mail from gatekpr and similar Savannah users: I sent a test mail
> from gatekpr to address@hidden, seen as <- savannah-root ->
> savannah-root by Exim. It didn't made to savannah-root :/

This is RT #216845: Rejected mails.  This ticket is now re-opened.  I
will investigate why this is happening.

> - SPF: the mail forwarder used in the CVS chroots is not using an
> envelop sender. Is there an Exim option to set the defaut envelop
> sender in case it was not specified? Else, we need to make changes to
> the C mail forwarder.

This is RT #219521: Thoughs on SPF.  This ticket is open.  I don't know
of such an option immediately, so we will have to consult the manual or
modify the forwarder.  If you or another volunteer would like to do
either of these we would be happy to review the change.  Otherwise this
is of lower priority and we won't be able to work on it right away.

> - spam filtering rule in MHArc: Werner is suggesting to fix the e-mail
> detection regexp in the mharc custom code, where the domain part of
> the e-mail should contain a dot. That way, 'address@hidden' would
> match, but not 'address@hidden' (/usr/lib/MHonArc/mhinit.pl)

This is RT #220298: Mail archives spam filtering.  I'm sorry, I forgot
to write back on that ticket.  I have done so now.

> - delete www.nongnu.org/syscolorize/ (project relocated somewhere else)

Done.

> - ac-archive will move out from Savannah eventually; would it be
>   possible to have to mod_rewrite up so that:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/foo.m4
> redirected to -> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/foo.m4
> This should be setup for a little while, for a smooth transition.
> [Was: redirect ac-achive from gnu.org to nongnu.org (this is not a GNU
> package, but was approved before Savannah opened to non-GNU, as a
> autoconf-related project)]
> Contact: Peter Simons <address@hidden>

Done.

I'm going to close this ticket.  If you can, please correspond on the
tickets mentioned above.  If you can't find mails from those tickets,
just write back to this one and I'll write back out on the appropriate
ticket.

-Jim