[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #274369] Mail sent several times

From: Joshua Ginsberg via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #274369] Mail sent several times
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:39:44 -0500

> You didn't check the URL :/

Yes I did... checking again...

Oh... didn't realize how far down I had to scroll to see the continuing
discussion... :-/ I would have guessed that the discussion would all
take place in one part of the page, not two separate parts... Looking now...

It all runs with the same timestamp and msg id's until it gets handed
off to cox's mailservers.... looking at the maillogs... Cox's mail
servers are not following SMTP... they're not providing a 220 to state
that the message was accepted for delivery.... the smtp connections time
out, and lists' mail server tries again... it appears they got this fixed...

So this was a temporary Cox issue it seems... if this problem persists,
please let me know and I'll test further...

-jag

--
Joshua Ginsberg <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator