[Savannah-hackers-public] News: Licenses clarification

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] News: Licenses clarification
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:36:54 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I am the project manager for ArX [1].  I read the news about licenses
clarification, and I have two comments/questions.

  1) My code has always been under GPL v2 only.  This was noted when I
     applied to savannah [2].  Is this going to be a problem?

  2) My project includes a 56 page manual under GPL v2 only.  The only
     license I will use for documentation is the same as for the code.
     Since even RMS does not think that the GFDL is a free software
     license [3], that rules out the GFDL.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
address@hidden