[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #279942] PDL - Public Documentation L

From: Brett Smith via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #279942] PDL - Public Documentation License
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:30:39 -0500

> [beuc - Mon Mar 20 11:32:14 2006]:
>
> Could you tell me if the Public Documentation License
> (http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/PDL.html) is a free documentation
> license?

Hi Sylvain,

I'm sorry we didn't get a response to you quicker on this --
unfortunately, I didn't notice the From: address in my initial skim, so
I didn't think to prioritize it. In the future, if you put [gnu-maint]
in the subject line of mail dealing with Savannah, that will get our
attention and a quicker reply.

That said, some parts of the PDL are definitely murky, and I'm afraid we
don't really have the resources available to evaluate its freeness with
the GPLv3 process underway. Unless you're noticing a huge upsurge in
the popularity of this license, figuring this out will probably have to
wait a while.

Best regards,

--
Brett Smith