[Savannah-hackers-public] Password reset emails being bounced

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Password reset emails being bounced
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:38:39 +0100

Hi Sysadmins,

I've been having some trouble with mailman's password reset emails not being
received by the list owner. The Savannah support trackers for this are:

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105452
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=105454

I added myself as one of the list owners, and was able to receive the new
passwords just fine, so I don't think it's a problem with lists.gnu.org, but
it would be nice to be able to let him know if there was a problem with his
mailserver.

I wasn't able to find out why the mails were bounced, as I don't have access
to all the loggging info. Please would it be possible for the list/mailman
user to be allowed to access the exim logs, etc? Then we would be able to
debug any similar problems like this in future.

The only information that I could find was:

address@hidden mailman]$ pwd
/var/log/mailman
address@hidden mailman]$ grep thomas.harding *
bounce:Jul 16 11:19:54 2006 (9616) address@hidden: phpprintipp
current bounce score: 2.0
bounce:Jul 16 11:34:55 2006 (9616) phpprintipp: address@hidden
already scored a bounce for date 16-Jul-2006
bounce:Jul 17 12:20:42 2006 (9616) address@hidden: phpprintipp
current bounce score: 3.0
bounce.1:Jul 15 16:04:13 2006 (9616) phpprintipp: address@hidden
has stale bounce info, resetting
mischief:Dec 29 06:51:22 2005 (30518) Login failure with private rosters:
address@hidden
address@hidden mailman]$

Cheers,

Steven