Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mailing list blurb

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 01:12:34 +0100

(As a sidenote, I think it would help not to trim the reply context to
single lines, because usually both you and I forget what it was all
about after 2 posts, and this leads to confusions)

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 05:48:13PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> > - You mentioned "Out of the many hundreds of lists we've added
> >   [listhelper] to, exactly one person has decided not to use it."
> >   What was that person's motivation?
> They did not trust in our human review of the messages.

I think I don't understand something.

I believe listhelper forwards mail to a spamassassin daemon that can
remove part of the pending mails from the queue.

I also believe there are a few volunteers who are willing to approve
non-removed mailing lists posts, when there's no list maintainer or
when maintainers ask for it.

I'm talking about listhelper here, not about the volunteer human
review. Aren't the two separate things?

> Does all this mean you want me to hold off with the
> listhelper-by-default change?

No, that's fine by me. I don't really have a strong opinion about
this. It seemed important though to understand why people would not
want the system.

--
Sylvain