Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A project submission review

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A project submission review
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:55:31 +0000

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 05:41:56PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> The right thing to do is always write the word "Copyright" (always in English,
> too); whether there is a "(C)" is immaterial.  It doesn't harm anything to
> have it, but it's definitely not necessary.

I have done similar research in the past when working on a copyright license.

It is required that you include one of the following:

  * Copyright
  * Copr.
  * ©

You can include more than one, or add other bits, but it's really neither here
nor there from a legal point of view. "(C)" is not an explicitly recognised
term, but I can't see it would do any harm to include it if you wished.

I could cite all this, of course, given enough time to dig it all back up.