Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects without source code

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Projects without source code
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 18:44:49 +0100

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 05:19:38PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     > - How to deal with projects submissions that do not have any
>     > source code to show yet?
>
> For all the reasons Sylvain wrote, my vote is to tell them "please write
> some working code and resubmit, we'll be happy to look at it then", and
> close it.  That is what I tell people who ask about making their neat
> idea a GNU package but haven't actually implemented anything ...

This is a bit different at Savannah though, as people may need
Savannah to actually start working on the project (e.g. if they are
already a team and need a mailing list, or the person would like to
publish the code as it's written in a VCS for backup and possibly
to attract more devs).

So this isn't a hard "no", you have to give an answer depending on the
project.

--
Sylvain