Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Approving projects
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:11:02 -0500

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 19:01 +0100, Sebastian Gerhardt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is also
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html
>
> This link is more detailed, especially on the subject of copyright. Even
> though it is only mandatory for official GNU projects, it is a good
> guide for Non-GNU too. (And you can send the link to the appropriate
> subsections to the maintainers instead of explaining it in your own
> words every time a thing needs to be fixed.)

Great, I'm already familiar with that (and even have a nice binder for
my printout of it). Good to know it'll come in handy.

> I also found it helpful to read&subscribe
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-register-public/2008-12/threads.html
> There you can "eavesdrop" the communication between the reviewers and
> the maintainers to get a better idea of the typical process.

I've subscribed. Is there anything else I should/have to do before
getting started (besides reading through the Maintainer's Guide and the
list archives)?

Thanks for the help.