Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Port of Linux is free?

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Port of Linux is free?
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:55:08 +0100

Let's ask Jesper on what is the intention and help us understand how
the Savannah account plans on being used.

SYSTEM_PROFILER is defined in arch/cris/Kconfig.debug . It seems
available for Linux Libre. Unless the project plans on hosting Linux
kernel code on Savannah, I do not think we have to press this issue.

A custom kernel could mean anything. Perhaps what the applicant means is
that you could customize it by building your own kernel. As far I see
all the needed code is available in the mainline kernel.

It says in the description that the program is supposed to work under
any operating system. How could that be?

Other than the ambiguous project description and that the Copyright
notices come after the license notices, I believe the project meets the
requirements. It should be noted that the project is actually GPL
version 3 or later.

--
Nicodemo