Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #624434] progress with lists.gnu.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #624434] progress with lists.gnu.org upgrade
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:07:01 GMT

FYI ... there were 2000+ heldmsg-* files in /var/lib/mailman/data after
the lists switch.  I don't know how they came into existence.  I checked
the first couple of dozen and discovered they were all spurious, in the
sense that going to the admindb web page for the list showed "empty"
messages pending.

I knew for certain that no real messages in such abundancehad been
pending that long (since April 6).  So I decided life was too short and
deleted everything for April 6-8.  After that it jumped to real messages
starting April 11.

I saved them all in ~list/archive/heldmsg-after-move.tgz in case it
somehow turns out to matter.