Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Taking over a dead project (mail-notificat

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Taking over a dead project (mail-notification)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:51:57 GMT

Hi Steve --

Following up your mail on savannah-users, and with Michael's ok ...

1. I've renamed the existing mailnotify to mailnotify-orig,
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/mailnotify-orig.
(sv: I updated the hostnames in mgt:/root/maintenance/rename_project.sh
and ran that.  I think it did the right thing.)

2. I registered a new project mailnotify and made you the owner,
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/mailnotify.  You should be able to
change any settings as usual.

3. I copied over the old mailnotify web pages so that the web page
wouldn't just disappear.  I hope and believe that you will be able to
edit them via the usual cvs "web pages repository".

4. I did not copy over the download directory from
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/mailnotify-orig.
It would be easy to do so, but it seemed like it might be better for you
to re-upload any releases that should stay?  Let us know.

5. I did not copy over the bug tracker or anything else, since you
indicated there was no other current info on savannah.

Looking forward to the project revival on sv, and happy hacking.

Best,
Karl