Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-cvs] [63] Update AdminSvnImport

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-cvs] [63] Update AdminSvnImport notes.
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 22:12:29 GMT

    chmod g+w -R /srv/svn/$proj/db/re*
    It isn't necessary to explicitly chmod g+w the repository files

I believe it is necessary.  Anyway, it can't hurt, and if the
permissions are wrong, commits fail.  Not worth the hassle.

    as that is the default.

The lack of writability is a very unfortunate bug in some versions of
svn, including the one that was deployed on savannah for ages (maybe not
any more, I don't know).

Quite a while ago, I added a cron job on vcs that chmod's them all every
so often, to avoid the issue recurring.  Which it did, repeatedly.

karl