Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] documentation changes for converting from

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] documentation changes for converting from svn to git
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 15:09:19 -0700

Gavin Smith wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >   file:///path/to/svn_repo
>
> I tried that first but got this problem:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27240428/git-svn-migration-failing-with-svn-1-8/27325713#27325713

Ah!  There is some tool version and db format problems.  In which case
the svnserve is useful to adapt between and work around the file
format differences.  Gotcha!

Earlier I had tested the import using svn 1.9.5 and git 2.11.0 and
didn't have any interactions problems.  Trisquel 7's has svn 1.8.8 but
obviously other svn installations may be newer.  I'll try to spend a
little more time to figure out the version interaction cases.

It seems to me that git-svnimport has been removed from the git
suite and should no longer be appearing in the documentation.

Thanks!
Bob