Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [savannah-help-public] [sr #109956] Error

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [savannah-help-public] [sr #109956] Error 403 in latest project release uploads
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 15:25:34 -0600

    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109956>

    You uploaded those files without permission for "other" to read them; I've
    just fixed that.

How about doing a chmod -R a+rX of the upload tree every so often?

Or if it's possible to do it as some sort of hook on an upload, so much
the better.

Is there a valid reason why someone might need to upload unreadable
files? I can't think of any.

These days, when 077 or 007 umasks are often some sort of default, we
can expect the problem to recur. -k