Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages f

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages for groff project
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 10:55:57 -0500

Hi Alfred,

At 2023-08-26T09:43:09-0400, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    There is a stale directory in the GNU groff project's website.
>
>    https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/manual/html_node/
>
>    This corresponds to the groff 1.22.4 release, which is nearly 5 years
>    old.
>
>    The directory also shows up in ViewVC.
>
>    https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/
>
>    However it is _not_ present in my CVS checkout.
>
> How did you checkout your directory?  What did you do in your
> checkout?
>
> I did a fresh checkout, and manual/ is there, as it should be from the
> looks of it.  So it is not stale, might be out-dated, but that is
> becuase nobody removed it.

I apologize for (I think) not being sufficiently clear.

>    https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/

If you open that URL you will find a directory:

https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/html_node/

alongside this one:

https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/groff.html.node/

I asked my CVS checkout what the status of the former is.

$ cvs status | grep html_node || echo NO RESULT
cvs status: Examining .
NO RESULT

> I'm not sure what intervention is needed, manual/ is part of the
> source tree, nobody (you?) never removed it.

manual/ isn't the problem--html_node/ is.

Thanks for the swift follow-up.

Regards,
Branden