[savannah-help-public] [sr #109699] get rid of splitleft-splitright wrap

From: Peter Liscovius
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109699] get rid of splitleft-splitright wrapping divs on of my/admin/
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 09:43:14 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Problem: savane layout does not well adapt to different display resolutions.
The world today ranges from 320 CSS-pixel portrait mode on mobile phones like
iPhone 5 SE up to 15360x8640 (16K8K) displays.

This provides a starting mitigation solution for the 'My Account Conf' page:
The wrapping splitleft-splitright divs can be simply removed. Just remove the
calls of html_splitpage() in frontend/php/my/admin/index.php

So the main content of my/admin/ is displayed as a single column on small
mobile displays or browser viewports. But on larger displays it can be 2 or
more columns when the boxes .box has a
display:inline-block;vertical-align:top; and maybe set a max-width: (see
@media-queries)

Also then the span-clearr-wrappertag is not required anymore.

Also most of additional br-tags in frontend/php/my/admin/index.php are not
necessary. A visual spacer between boxes can be done by

form#myconf .box{
 margin-bottom:1em;
}

or something like that.

The 'Delete Account' box can be put last outside of the whole form-tag as it
only leads to a separate page.

BTW: Often an ancient float: misused for a page layout can be replaced by

display:inline-block;
vertical-align:top;

that does not require extra html tags just for clearing
purposes.(clear:both/left/right;)

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109699>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/