Re: [Savannah-users] SSH not working: upgraded?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SSH not working: upgraded?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:00:41 -0600

Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> I have been able to confirm that DSA2 keys are now rejected.
>
> My RSA and ECDSA keys work.

Okay good.  That is the way things should be working.

> This is an issue with newer OpenSSH; DSA keys have been deprecated.
>
> https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/112802/why-openssh-deprecated-dsa-keys

I know that DSA keys have always been recommended against.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

And DSA hasn't been in my test matrix.  Sorry but I had rather
forgotten that they might even be in use.

This will warrant a notice about this change.  Thanks!

Bob