Re: [Savannah-users] Multiple GPG keys on Savannah

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Multiple GPG keys on Savannah
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:22:31 +0300

Hello, Asher;

On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 12:13:13PM -0400, Asher Gordon wrote:

> I have an ECDSA key (ed25519) and and RSA key (rsa4096). I prefer to use
> the ECDSA key since it is smaller and faster but still secure. I have
> the RSA key in case people cannot use my ECDSA key (since ECC is still
> relatively new).
>
> Is it OK to upload both keys? Or will that cause problems? Currently, I
> have both keys uploaded [1].

Yes, you can upload as many keys as you reasonably want.

> As a side note, when testing the keys, Savannah's gpg fails to import
> the ECDSA key since it is too old (1.4.16). For example, when I try to
> test both keys, it imports the RSA one successfully, but not the ECDSA
> one:

This means that Savannah won't be able to use your ECDSA key to send
you encrypted emails; it still should use your RSA key for that
(depending on your account configuration).

> I would suggest updating Savannah's GnuPG since it is so old. I am still
> able to upload the keys even though they don't pass the test, though.

The respective part of Savannah runs Trisquel 7, and it comes with
GnuPG 2.0 series which doesn't support ECC anyway; however, we should
update it before 2020, and then...

https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109583