Re: Help with updating Savannah web page

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Help with updating Savannah web page
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 00:12:02 +0200

Hi Michael - some quick answers. Maybe others know better.

    Is there documentation how to configure or update the page?

https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=ddd

In short, do a cvs checkout (as project member) of the "webpages
repository". The exact invocation will be shown on that page.
A bit more info:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomePage/

    How do I update the Latest News area?

https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=ddd
"Submit" to submit news, then, as manager of the group,
you can "Manage" (approve) the submitted items.

    How do I search for a bug using the bug tracker?

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=ddd&func=search

There may be other ways.

    Why are some "fixed" bugs listed and others are not?

I'm guessing you're talking about
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63928

As shown there, Open/Closed is a separate field from Status. The default
is to show all open bugs regardless of Status. I believe.

    Are there instructions on how to manage bug reports?

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WebUIOverview
has a brief description. Different projects like to do it differently.

    Possibly unrelated:  how do I request a @gnu.org email alias?

Email sysadmin@gnu.org. Good guess that Savannah volunteers cannot
modify gnu.org email setup :).

Happy hacking,