Re: Using the stuff command in screen

From: dan d.
Subject: Re: Using the stuff command in screen
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 20:33:08 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to those who provided suggestions on this topic.

To recap, using a keybinding for the exec command to run a shell script didn't
work with the stuff command.
I wanted stuff to send keystrokes to a program to act as a macro, it was in the
shell script.

Doing some tinkering, if I ran the shell script from the cli in one window it
provided the macro function for the program in another window.
Likewise running the screen command for stuff directly in the cli also worked,
as did an alias or function in the cli.

Eeven as it worked as desired above, there is still no joy using the exec from
within the program.

I can run the shell script but not an alias or function with the exec.  Is
there a way to run an alias or function with exec?

I suspect I'm missing something in bash that accounts for the failure in the
program but success at the cli.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
 XR