sed-devel

Query: AIX build broken

From: Shubham Gupta36
Subject: Query: AIX build broken
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 11:00:02 +0000

Hi,

We are trying to build sed version 4.9 in AIX platform but build got failed due
to missing getopt API in AIX.
Below is the error message we got:

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/buildusr/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.9/64bit'
  CC       sed/sed-compile.o
  CC       sed/sed-debug.o
  CC       sed/sed-execute.o
  CC       sed/sed-mbcs.o
  CC       sed/sed-regexp.o
  CC       sed/sed-sed.o
sed/sed.c:28:10: fatal error: getopt.h: No such file or directory
   28 | #include "getopt.h"

Since the getopt related files were present in previous version, we were able
to build earlier but now those files are removed due to recent changes.
(https://github.com/mirror/sed/commit/71de42fd346688b131e7364d7ea7be4e973fb0c3)

So, can you provide any suggestion for fixing this?

Thanks,
Shubham Gupta