Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT repo?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:16:01 +0200

Hi Michael,

Onno:
Would you make subversion and git copies of the current
CVS repo on your machine and make an announcement?
Once that is done, the discussion can be in terms
of what we want instead of how hard it is to get it.

Maybe I would have more time for it to do that, than Onno. (as I assume, of course!) To make it for git, it's really easy: take Onno's repo and checkout cvs-upstream branch (I havn't checked CVS repo for new changes, but it should be in in current state) Only the old simulavr code (as Jörg wrote) isn't transformed yet, but this shouldn't be a big problem.

For subversion it's a little bit more complicated, because I need a subversion server for that. I think, I can convert it into a local repo, but I havn't a public server for that, so I can only provide it as zipped container for others. Maybe Jörg will have a idea, how to proceed on subversion.

cu, Thomas