sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking

From: Hendrik Visage
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The pool is shrinking
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 15:21:06 +0200

On 21 Jun 2019, at 15:14 , Kristian Fiskerstrand <address@hidden> wrote:

Signed PGP part
On 6/21/19 2:43 PM, Daniel Roesler wrote:
I'd love to keep my server in the pool consistently, but until
Issue #61 is resolved[1], my server will spike to 100% CPU for
several minutes and become unresponsive as it tries to deal with
the huge troll keys.

Sure, but this isn't an issue if you have multi-node cluster as the
other servers will never recon at the same time, hence the requirement
for hkps.

Running a server in the pool is no longer
a hobby project, and you have to constantly be restarting or
reconfiguring your server to keep it running.

Not that much, but you need at least 8 GiB of RAM allocated for each
node and sufficient swap or recon will often get OOM-killed.

The word “cluster” there is the “problem” for hobby setups: we now have to source at least 2x 8GB RAM VMs, where the previous single 2-4GB VMs were sufficient to keep going

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand

---
Hendrik Visage
HeViS.Co Systems Pty Ltd
T/A Envisage Systems / Envisage Cloud Solutions
+27-84-612-5345 or +27-21-945-1192
address@hidden