solfege-devel

Re: Request to join the development team

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: Re: Request to join the development team
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:10:55 +0200

Go ahead. I don't have time to work on it any more.

Tom Cato

tor. 27. juli 2023 kl. 02:59 skrev Denis Boirayon <db8200@tuxfamily.org>:
Hello,

I have been disappointed to see that solfege is no longer distributed by
Fedora Linux.

I tried to compile it myself, but got lost because I did the mistake of
taking the last stable version available on Sourceforge, which is very old.

After a while, I understood that a lot of work had already been done on
Savannah's solfege git repository to make solfege use python3 and gtk3,
and the current master branch compiles easily on Fedora.

I would like to contribute first with some changes in README and INSTALL
files to remove some misguiding indications and dead links, and I think
it would be very nice to release a stable version so that solfege could
be packaged again in the main Linux distributions (but I don't have a
global vision of what has to be done to achieve this).

It would be too bad to see solfege disappear by being unavailable to
people who could need it.

I have knowledge of Python, Lilypond, music theory and French translation.

If you agree, I will request inclusion in the group on Savannah.

Best regards,

Denis

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <tca@gnu.org>                 http://www.solfege.org/