Re: Making Spamass-Milt respect virtusertable and aliases

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Making Spamass-Milt respect virtusertable and aliases
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:02:20 -0500

In the last episode (Jul 03), Tony Shadwick said:
> This isn't hugely high on my priority list, but I was wondering if
> it's possible to get the milter to look at not just the user name,
> but to check aliases and virtusertable to use the appropriate
> user_prefs for filtering? I personally have dozens of aliases and
> virtusertable entries that get to me in one form or another, it would
> be nice for them to all use my user_prefs file.  Any way to do this
> out of the box, or does it require a patch?

Not easily.  The most reliable method I can think of is shelling out
and calling "sendmail -bv" on the recipient address, then parsing the
result and passing the "user" value to spamc.  I just wish it emitted
machine-readable output.  Parsing sendmail.cf and opening all the alias
and *table files inside the milter is the other solution, but I don't
like that one :)

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden